Riddles Brain Teasers
Here are fun Riddles Brain Teasers, for you and your kids! The answers are at the bottom of the page...
Riddles Brain Teasers
1. The two verbs in this sentence are in the past tense. What else do they have in common?
"Yesterday, I read the entire book as the wind blew fiercely outside."
2. What is the difference between the letters above the line and the letters below it?
AEFHIKLMNTVWXYZ ________________ BCDGJOPQRSU
3. Start with the word WINTER. What one letter could you take out to form a new word? Can you continue until you have just a one-letter word left?
4. Ted Stin loves his work. Part of his job is to look for holes and fill them in. Rearrange the letters in his name to find out his job.
5. How can you make this string of numbers total 236 without adding any other numbers?
68 + 99 + 18
6. Name six animals that inhabit the Arctic region.
7. Is it possible to draw a straight line across the face of any standard non-digital clock so that the six numbers on either side of the line can be added together to equal the same amount? Where would the line be drawn?
8. Which month has twenty-eight days?
9. If a rooster laid an egg on the top of a hill, which side would the egg roll down?
10. What animal can jump higher than a house?
More riddles brain teasers...
11. There are 10 kids in an empty, square room. Each kid has full sight of the entire room and everyone in it without turning his head or body, or moving in any way (other than their eyes). Where can the teacher place a small soft toy, so that all but one person can see it?
12. I have feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head, but I'm not alive. It's your strength that determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I'm never thrown. What am I?
13. I have arms, legs and a back, but I never walk anywhere. What am I?
14. How much dirt is in a hole that is three feet deep, and 10 inches in diameter?
15. What never speaks, but always tell the truth?
16. Name three numbers that give the same result when all added or multiplied together.
17. What has no legs, but walks all day on its head, and never gets a headache.
18. What's round like a dishpan, but all the water in the seas can't fill it up?
19. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What are they?
20. Name it and you will break it. What is it?
21. If you overtake the second person in a race, which position will you gain?
Can you read this riddle brain teaser? - "The phaonmneel pweor of the hmuan mnid: I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearcr at Cmagbride Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers of a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
Answers To Riddles Brain Teasers
Did you figure out any of the riddle brain teasers out on your own? Here are the answers to the kids riddles.
1. Say them aloud; each verb is a homonym for a color.
2. All the letters above the line are made from straight lines; all the letters below the line are made with one or more curved lines.
3. Possible answer: Winter, twine, twin, win, in, I.
4. Ted Stin is a Dentist.
5. Write the numbers down, and turn your page upside down so that the string of numbers reads 81 + 66 + 89.
6. Three seals and three polar bears ;-)
7. Draw your line from the space between the 9 and 10 to the space between the 3 and 4.
8. All the months have twenty-eight days.
9. Neither side...a rooster can't lay eggs.
10. Any animal...a house can't jump!
11. Place it on one student's head.
12. An arrow.
13. A chair.
14. None, a hole only has air...or it's not a hole.
15. A mirror.
16. 1, 2, 3. They all equal 6.
17. A nail in a horseshoe.
18. A sieve
21. Second, since you overtook the second person, you are in their place now.
Riddles Brain Teasers, Riddles Brain Teasers,
Riddles Brain Teasers.
Kids Jokes from Riddles Brain Teasers
Back to Riddles